Friday, November 9, 2012

organizing the closet


I've come to find that organizing my closet by color, print, and fabrics can make things a lot easier for me when choosing my outfit for the day and finding my clothing in general!
 I have my coats and jackets ranging from think to thin. In the middle section I have my denim and at the end my sweaters.  

 I have my clothes ranging from bright green to purple. I often change the arrangement of the colors, but right now I have them displayed with purple at the beginning, then my magentas, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, lighter blues, turquoise, then bright green. If I have prints within the same color I tend to keep those next to one another. 

On the other side of my closet I have my clothes organized as creams, whites, pale pinks, floral prints, blacks, greys, animal prints, and lastly browns. After my pale pinks where my floral prints are I have a skirt that has pink flowers on it with a black backdrop and two other articles that are similar. These items helped make a perfect transition from my pale pinks to my blacks. That is just one example of how to group prints together.
Organizing your closet may seem like a very daunting task, but for me it is a fantastic time to unleash my creative side. It's great to look at your apparel when you're finished and see what you have a lot of and where you could maybe improve. I also find myself mixing and matching things I never would have thought of before because I am more aware of what I have. Anyways, I hope this gives you some ideas on how to get your clothes in order!

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment